Thursday, March 5, 2009

Haiku

Our class has been working with poetry. Mrs. Uhrig read us a book called, "Dogku" by Andrew Clements and Tim Bowers. The story is told in haiku. Today, the students worked together to come up with their own haiku.

Footballku

football kickoff team
touchdown jersey black eyes goal
defensive end cup


Lipglossku

lipgloss flirtatious
sticky beeswax pink pop shine
slippery sparkle

Mr. Pilson was quite impressed! We can't wait to share with Mrs. Uhrig during our special!

2 comments:

jennifer1971 said...

Hi,

I teach a grade 1 class in the Netherlands. I love your haikus. You must have worked very hard on them. Your blog is very cool! I think I want to start one with my class as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm a teacher in Madrid, Spain and I'm at and Early Childhood conference where I've been checking out your blog. I loved the poetry and was really impressed that children so young could have such a handle on Haiku! BRAVO for a job well done, and thanks for letting me check out your blog!
Kind Regards,
Didi in Madrid